If you’re thinking of buying email addresses from Instagram, then you’ve come to the right place. I’m the owner of the oldest Instagram email scraping service on the market (3 years and counting) and in this article, I’ll share the ins and outs of extracting and using emails from Instagram for getting new customers.
So far, we’ve worked with 250+ clients, most of which were eCommerce businesses, marketing agencies, and growth agencies. If you’re also part of this group then you’re definitely in the right place.
Here’s an overview of the topics we’ll go over in this article. Click on the one you want to read about and you’ll jump to that section.
Why Would You Buy an Email Database of Instagram Users
There are many reasons why one would buy a customer email database. I’ll briefly cover a few of them:
1. You want a bigger piece of the market
Email lists work better and faster when compared with social media channels by a wide margin. In fact, it has the highest ROI of any marketing channel!
With email addresses from Instagram, you use the full capacity of this channel because you’re not only contacting existing customers (as many businesses do with email marketing) but also reaching out to people interested in your products that haven’t heard of your brand.
Ps. the most popular approach, in this case, is going after the email addresses of your competitors’ followers on Instagram.
2. You’re looking for Google and Facebook Ads Alternative
STOP paying for ads and buy data instead! Here’s why:
- When you own lists, you don’t pay every time you decide to email people. In contrast, you pay every time someone interacts with your ad on Google and Facebook.
- We offer far better-targeting options than Google and Facebook Ads. While I don’t expect you to believe that, it is true. For example, check out the 79k people that used #gobybike in their posts. Now, imagine you’re a bicycle equipment/parts online store. Would you want to email these people? Who wouldn’t?
3. You’re a start-up with no customer base
It can be too hard and time-consuming to acquire subscribers organically so you’ve decided to buy an email list of people that would be interested in your products and services.
And you’re going in the right direction! Email lists are the least expensive option for testing different messaging and target audiences. It’s a quick way of getting feedback for your product and market verification.
Other than extracting emails of Instagram followers of the biggest competitors, you can also target people based on exact hashtags they used in posts or certain keywords they have in their Instagram bio…but we’ll get to that later. Keep reading!
4. You’re in an industry with marketing (legal) restrictions
There are many industries, such as healthcare and medicines, politics, or financial services, that are prohibited from the popular marketing channels. We’ve seen in recent years that all of these industries can turn to email as the least restrictive channel available.
For example, we’ve had several well established CBD businesses approach us and use our email lists as their only channel for getting new customers.
How to Find Your Future Customers on Instagram
To find out where your target audience is on Instagram ask yourself these questions before you go after their emails:
1. What profiles is your potential audience following – ie whose Instagram followers would you want to target?
- Competitors Instagram profiles
- Influencers with content that’s relevant to your business
- Influencers or pages that share content relevant to your customers
2. What Instagram hashtags would your potential customers use?
- Think of activities or behaviors that are unique to your customers (that they would use as hashtags in their posts) – #hike, #dancing, #readingbook.
- Physical characteristics and objects that are unique to your customers – #beardoil, #abs, #iphone.
How to Choose the Right Instagram Email List Provider
Now here’s the funny part. There are many Instagram scraping tools that you can get to scrape Instagram data. But, they are usually software tools or extensions that seem to be designed to help developers scrape data for others. And even if you manage to extract the data, you get a mess that’s not really usable.
Currently, there is no other Instagram email scraping service on the market that does the hard work AFTER scraping the emails. Here’s a brief overview of the things we do that no one else offers:
Advanced Filtering Options
Once we have the scraped data we filter the results with our in-house developed AI based on what you need. For example, we can target people based on:
- Approximate age of the person
- Certain keywords in bio
- Avoid emails with info@, contact@, etc.
Removing Spam Traps, Bots, Catch-All Emails, Invalid Emails
About 15% of all emails on Instagram will be either spam traps, bots, catch-all emails, or invalid. If your email server ie Google sees that you just send random blasts to invalid emails, you’ll end up in spam and never get out of it.
Verifying & Enriching the Data
To make sure that the emails we’re left with are active and regularly used we run them through Neverbounce to verify them. And even though we offer 28 data points for each contact we provide, not all of them are available on Instagram. On the contrary, we pay an additional enrichment service called Clearbit to add any missing information about every single person we have in our database so that businesses can better understand the contacts they get.
You get the point…Scraping Instagram is one thing, filtering that data down and then validating the emails (removing spam traps, role-based emails, and invalid ones) is an inseparable piece of the puzzle.
And we’re the only ones offering this service to businesses.
Is It Legal to Buy Email Lists From Instagram
First of all, GDPR (EU) or CCPA (California) acts are not designed to kill email marketing or cold emails. It’s not even a regulation about emails, or marketing, or business. It’s about protecting personal data.
Every publicly available email address can be used for promotional purposes, as long as it’s mentioned in the message where you got the email from. In this case that would be Instagram. We advise our clients to also include people’s Instagram username in the email (which we also provide) to reassure the contact that they really did get the emails from Instagram.
Also in each of the email messages, you should inform the “cold email recipients” how they can remove their data from your mailing list, or change them. So just add a small “how-to unsubscribe” text and link at the bottom of the email and you fulfill the information duty described in GDPR and CCPA.
Results You Can Expect With Email Lists From Instagram
The results you can get with the email addresses we provide depends only on your skills and creativity.
If you don’t have any previous experience with email marketing we recommend hiring an email sending service to do it for you. If you’re determined on doing this yourself, read our article on Sending 100 000 Cold Emails Per Day that lays out the whole setup process.
But, if you’ve previously sent out emails to a large audience then here are some results we’ve seen in our clients’ campaigns and that you can get too:
- 260% Mom Revenue Growth for a Seltzer Business
- One marketing agency that repositioned itself as a full-service email marketing agency
- Or read about my own story that led to the initial development of the Instagram email scraper tool we use today and how that got me to 700% in ROI.
Buy Emails From Instagram
If you think that this is a great opportunity for your business but you’re not sure how to proceed, feel free to book a quick meeting with me to see how we can help.