To find micro-influencers that are relevant to your brand and the audience you target simply enter any keyword you target and click on the “Search” button.
How does our micro-influencer search engine work?
When you insert a keyword in the search bar, an algorithm goes through our database of millions of micro-influencers and finds anyone with your keyword in their Instagram biography.
For example, if you run a search with the keyword “beauty influencer” you will get a list of people that included those 2 words in their bio.
The beauty of this tool is that you can search by literally any keyword you like.
Want to find micro-influencers in the fashion industry? Search with fashion influencer or fashion blogger. Targeting small influencers in the sports industry? Search for a fitness coach or fitness influencer.
Find micro-influencers on Instagram
We’re going to use the rest of this article to cover the most efficient alternative ways you can use to find micro-influencers. But before we continue I want to briefly cover how to find micro-influencers at scale
You’re currently reading Influencers Club’s blog. We’re data providers for the largest creator economy companies and B2C brands. We have an email database of millions of micro-influencers that we can filter based on your specific use case and needs.
Most often our emails are used to find and reach micro-influencers at scale (*minimum order is 1k emails).
One example of how we find targeted micro-influencers is by keywords in bio, which is a one-of-a-kind feature that only we offer. But on top of that we apply additional filters like:
- Social Media Engagement
- Instagram Category (every contact is grouped in 1 of 1500 categories)
- And 20 other data points
To view a sample of our data with all the data points for every micro-influencer we provide visit this page.
To get in touch with us feel free to schedule a short call with our team. We’ll discuss your use case, how we can find the micro-influencers you target, and how you can use our emails to make your campaign a success.
Find micro-influencers among your customers or subscribers
Since most brands have an email list of their customers or subscribers it makes sense to try to use them as micro-influencers. They know and like your products, service, or your app so it would be natural for them to spread the word about your products in front of their followers.
Also, they are more likely to accept collaboration with a brand they know. More importantly, free products is the expected compensation (which is what most brands like to achieve with influencers).
To find micro-influencers from a list of your subscribers or customers use Influencers Club’s API.
When you upload your list of contacts the tool instantly checks millions of people, trying to match your audience with their Instagram profile.
In a matter of minutes, you’ll get a list of micro-influencers (as well as larger influencers, if there are any). Your customer list will be enriched with the data points we mentioned earlier, for example, Instagram username, number of followers, location, Instagram bio, Instagram category, etc.
If you need any assistance with the whole process, feel free to get in touch with our customer success team.
Use Instagram hashtags
Instagram hashtags are a great way to find relevant micro-influencers for free, but it takes some time and manual effort.
Here’s one method that I’ve used to search micro-influencers from an Instagram hashtag.
- Check popular hashtags among your target audience – Select 30 profiles that have engaged with your posts. Visit their latest posts and copy their hashtags. Make a list of 5 hashtags that seem to be the most popular and relevant to your brand.
- Visit the hashtags – when you visit a hashtag you can see all posts and profiles that have used that specific hashtag. Check the profiles you like and copy them in a spreadsheet.
- Start sending DM’s – Create a template message and start sending automated DM’s with one of these tools.
Find micro-influencers from your or your competitors’ followers
This strategy is similar to the one about enriching your customer list in order to identify micro-influencers. But the goal here is to find mini influencers that are not in your CRM systems but instead have shown interest in your brand by following your Instagram profile.
Here’s an overview of the whole process:
- Download a list of your Instagram followers or your competitors – you can use this extension to download a list of Instagram followers
- Sort the followers by popularity
- Use an automation tool for sending mass DM’s to people with 10k to 50k followers
According to IG Follower Export, there’s is a certain risk that the account can be deactivated or blocked by IG when using the extension.
If you’re not one to risk your business profile you can always use our service to safely get emails from Instagram followers. You’ll have not only the contact information of your followers but also the number of followers, location, gender, age, and more. From there it’s easy to find the micro-influencers you like to reach out to and drop them an email.
How to hire micro-influencers
If this is your first micro-influencer marketing campaign you should be prepared for what comes next after you find the right micro-influencers.
To actually hire a micro-influencer you need to have
- Defined influencer marketing budget – Most commonly micro-influencers charge from $10 to $500 per post.
- Request data from their previous campaigns – Even though you’re hiring micro-influencers that probably have little to no experience, ask for their portfolio and their previous work. However, prepare to be flexible.
- Determine the nature of the contract – Communicate your expectations with the influencers. Have precise requirements and detail the compensation and day of the payout, and smooth out any discussions that arise in the inquiry phase of your collaboration.
- Document a contract – make sure that there’s a written and electronically signed a contract that you can refer to anytime during the duration of the campaign. Not only is this smart, but it protects both you and your influencer from any liabilities, should any arise.
How to find micro-influencers on Twitter for free
Tweetdeck is a tool you can use to find micro-influencer on Twitter for free.
- Sign in with your Twitter profile
- Use Tweetdeck’s search bar and enter your targeted hashtags
- Then under settings, click on Engagement
- Filter out people with less than 50 retweets
- Cherry-pick the micro-influencers you like to contact
At the time of writing this article, Tweetdeck is a free tool.
How to find micro-influencers on YouTube for free
To find creators on this platform simply log into your Youtube account and click on the “Trending” tab on the left of the screen. Refine your search by entering keywords that are related to your business or niche into the search bar. The influencers who pop up are trending and can reach a wide audience in your niche.
How to find micro-influencers on TikTok for free
The best way to find micro-influencers on TikTok is through hashtags. They help you filter down the types of influencers you’re searching for. The majority of posts on TikTok have hashtags, making it a highly effective search tool. If your brand operates within a specific niche you’ll be able to find TikTok micro-influencers that have used industry-relevant hashtags in their posts.
Email is the best way to contact TikTok micro-influencers at scale. Read this article to find out how you can find email addresses on TikTok.
To Wrap Up
Hopefully, after reading this article you know how to find the micro-influencers you need to grow your business.
But, don’t forget, how to contact them is just as important as finding the right people.
Micro-influencer campaigns are usually done at scale (using multiple creators). According to our previous experience, to hire 6 creators you need to reach out to 50 micro-influencers.
Maybe they won’t see your message, or don’t see your brand as fit, or won’t like your products or services, or won’t accept your compensation offer.
For whatever reason, the road from message to hire is long.
To cut down the process in half get in touch with our team and order thousands of emails that you can immediately contact and focus on replying to the best micro-influencers.
If none of the above-mentioned tips didn’t work for you, then give it one last try by going through this list of 150 micro-influencers (and their email addresses) in 15 different industries.