There’s no doubt about it: TikTok is the king of social media networks, and its throne will remain untouched in 2022, too.
Yes, TikTok might not have the same number of active users as Facebook or Instagram, but the engagement and brand loyalty on TikTok is through the roof.
Brands whose target audience are Generation Z and Millennials shouldn’t be scared of trialing TikTok because the opportunity to reach new audiences and work with talented influencers is exciting!
Let’s dive in through everything brands should know about finding and working with TikTok influencers while maximizing the potential of influencer marketing at scale.
What is a TikTok influencer?
Let’s start with the basics.
If you wonder what exactly a TikTok influencer is, the answer won’t amuse you.
TikTok influencers are not that different to social media influencers on other social media platforms. They are people who influence other people’s opinions and monetize their engagement metrics.
So it doesn’t come as a surprise why brands want to use this influence to promote their products and services and increase brand awareness at scale.
Get Emails From TikTok Influencers
What are the main types of TikTok influencers?
We will cover the 3 types of TikTok influencers you should have in mind:
1. Micro influencers
- Specialize in a particular niche;
- Have 50.000 – 150.000 followers on TikTok.
2. Macro influencers
- Represent the leaders of their specific niche or genre.
- Have 750.000 – 2.500.000 followers on TikTok.
3. Celebrity Influencers
- A traditional celebrity (not an online celebrity anymore) who gained fame and status through their online presence;
- Have 2.500.000+ followers on TikTok.
What is TikTok Influencer Marketing?
Before we dive into how to find TikTok influencers, let’s go a step back and see why is TikTok an excellent platform to invest in influencer marketing:
- A vast global presence, with active users in 150+ countries.
- Great opportunity for new or small businesses to quickly raise brand awareness and engagement.
- Useful functionalities to move prospects down the sales and convert them into customers.
- Opportunity to learn more about your audience, engage in relevant conversations, and develop long-lasting relationships.
- Options to show your creative skills in action in front of a wider audience.
How to find TikTok Influencers?
Not everyone can represent your brand, right? The catch here is that you need to choose the influencers carefully.
To get the most out of TikTok, it’s a good idea to find TikTok influencers that will align well with your brand image. That way, you can begin building a loyal and engaged following instantly.
Here are some tips to keep in mind while finding the top influencers for your influencer marketing campaigns:
- The influencer’s content and follower count should align with your brand and values.
- Their content should directly or indirectly correlate with your business or niche one way or another.
- Your target audience should already engage with and trust them.
- Their video content should receive high engagement consistently.
- A promising sign is if they are active on platforms outside of TikTok.
Now that you know what types of influencers you’re looking for, it’s time to start your search.
So how can you find the right influencer on TikTok? How do you know who will best fit your brand and present your product or service in the most effective way?
Here are four of the top ways to find relevant influencers on TikTok.
1. Identify influencers via the Discover page
Go on the main discovery page on TikTok and enter specific keywords or industry trends to find influencers that may be the right fit for your brand.
You have various options to search – by hashtags, suggested accounts, and top videos.
2. Conduct a Google Search
You can also hop over to Google search and write your industry or niche and add “TikTok influencer” at the end.
3. Cross-check potential influencers on other platforms
If they’re on TikTok, chances are, they’re probably on Instagram, too. Give it a shot and check out what they offer on other social platforms and how they market products to different audiences.
4. Try an Influencer Marketing Platform (paid)
You can also try platforms explicitly built for connecting businesses with TikTok influencers (both micro and macro influencers).
There are many influencer marketing platforms where you can find contact information from your ideal TikTok influencers and the information you need to see if they are the right fit for your influencer marketing campaign.
How to find Micro TikTok Influencers?
If you want to work with smaller (micro) influencers, it is wise to approach multiple micro-influencers in a niche. Micro influencers cost less, but they are still amateurs. So, it’s always a good idea to take a test with a few of them to decide who you will continue to work with.
An influencer marketing platform can land you a hand here by helping you find the right influencers at scale.
Influencers Club is the perfect solution for this use case because we have a massive database of 20 million TikTok influencers. We have a social media resume for each contact (in addition to their email address), which allows us to filter and conduct influencer discovery using as many keywords as you need.
For example, if you have a fashion product you want to promote on TikTok, we can find every TikTok creator who has mentioned in their TikTok bio that they are a fashion influencer.
On top of that, to target TikTok influencers, we apply filters based on your requirements, such as:
- email address;
- TikTok bio;
- phone number;
- street address;
- number of followers;
- number of people who they are following;
- number of posts;
- whether they are open for business;
- website link;
- and a lot more options that we can discuss on a call.
We are cheaper than most influencer platforms because we want to enable brands to contact influencers at scale. That’s why our most affordable package contains emails from 1000 targeted creators for $280.
Our influencer discovery process helps us reduce influencers to more manageable numbers so we can narrow down the selection process and provide you only with the best influencer recommendations for your brand.
Simply describe your ideal TikTok influencer in the form below or schedule a meeting to get in touch with us.
P.S. We’ve also sent millions of our own emails ourselves to TikTok creators, so we know a thing or two about sending emails at scale. Let’s chat.
How to find TikTok Influencers for free?
As we mentioned above, micro influencers are different from macro influencers, so working with both types of influencers requires a different approach.
Should you hire an influencer marketing agency? Or the right tool will do the work for you?
When you already want to work with a large influencer and develop viral branded content that goes wider than a specific market, it’s always a good idea to have as much information as possible about the person, his audience, a variety of statistics, and much more.
Influencer platforms such as Grin, CreatorIQ, Tagger provide detailed information (which is not really needed when looking for smaller influencers) such as:
- specific content themes (category);
- average views per video;
- engagement rate;
- influencer type (ex. TikTok verified influencers);
- demographic and psychographic criteria.
- Audience quality score
- Past and current collaboration with brands
Please remember that these influencer platforms can do the work and conduct a robust influencer search. Still, they may cost you more than you planned – up to 4 times more than influencer marketing companies specializing in finding micro-influencers.
But if you are a large company with colossal TikTok marketing budgets, investing in a marketing influencer platform to discover influencers is the right path for you.
How to work with TikTok influencers
Here comes the fun part. Now that your search is over – it’s action time!
Before we explain how to work with TikTok influencers, keep in mind that TikTok is not a platform for short-term collaborations. Instagram is the place for that type of influencer marketing efforts.
On TikTok, long-term partnerships work best.
Let’s think about it for a while. Let’s say you want to pay the influencer for just one post. The tricky part is that TikTok algorithms don’t work that way, and you might not get the attention you expect (blame it on the proprietary algorithm of this social media platform).
On the other hand, long-term collaborations feel more authentic because it shows that people actually like your products or service. In this case, the TikTok algorithms will work in your favor, and you will have a good chance of going viral with several authentic pieces of content.
Here are some things to keep in mind when you’re finding TikTok influencers and writing up briefs:
- Discuss partnership opportunities via email – influencers actually prefer receiving a detailed email rather than a direct message.
- Don’t give them strict borders on what they can do or can not – let them show their own voice because otherwise, the sponsored content won’t resonate with their audience.
- Don’t go into details. Just share your influencer marketing campaign’s main goal and the message you want them to convey and let their imagination do the rest.
- Get permission to reshare and repurpose their content for marketing across TikTok and other social platforms.
- Specify your deliverables at the start of the collaboration and be clear about your expectations from them.
To wrap up
From everything you have read before, you probably think that finding your ideal influencer can be complicated, but trust us, it is worth it!
If you feel like you’re exhausting your manual options and still can’t find a relevant influencer for your brand, there are tools like Influencers Club that can do the work instead of you.
So there you have it – your complete guide on finding influencers on TikTok.
Is it complicated? Yes.
Difficult? It can be.
Worth it? Absolutely!