If you’re here, you’ve probably learned of all the benefits nano-influencers can bring to your next influencer marketing campaign.
So, congratulations! Not many businesses realize and take advantage of this opportunity.
However, deciding to work with nano-influencers is just the first step. What comes after, which is actually finding and contacting them, is a bit more tricky.
Don’t worry, though—that’s why we’re here!
In this article, we’re going to cover:
- Whether your brand can actually benefit from nano-influencers (& why 60% of all campaigns fail);
- How to find nano-influencers on Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and TikTok;
- How to hire nano-influencers.
Lastly, we want to give you a free, hand-picked list of 150 nano-influencers with the highest engagement rates from our 52M influencer database—emails included.
You can start your influencer outreach using the database right away, or you can stick around and learn how to get your own database of any type of influencer tailored based on your business needs and goals.
Without any further ado, let’s dive in.
Can Your Brand Benefit From Nano-Influencers?
The influencer marketing industry is booming. That’s why brands are head over heels trying to kick-start their influencer marketing campaigns. However, in this rush, marketers tend to chase the wrong influencer groups, thinking that they’ll see positive results either way.
Hence, 60% of all influencer campaigns fail to reach their goals.
The only reason this happens is because brands hire the wrong kind of influencers.
So, to save you a lot of time and set you on the right path – we conducted a short checklist that will help determine if you need nano-influencers as part of your strategy.
Nano-influencers are the right fit for your campaign if:
- You have a smaller budget for your influencer marketing efforts;
- High engagement rates are your priority;
- You want to focus on conversions, as opposed to brand awareness;
- You want authentic & more personal content;
- You want a more flexible collaboration;
- You want to be more hands-on with the influencer marketing project.
If you find yourself in these few points, then nano-influencers are a perfect fit for your brand’s influencer marketing. If not, you can check out if micro-influencers or other influencer groups will bring you the benefits you’re looking for.
Find Nano-Influencers on Instagram
Before we continue, we want to cover how to find nano-influencers at scale.
As data providers for the largest creator economy companies and B2C brands, we have an email database of millions of Instagram nano-influencers that we can filter based on your specific use case and needs.
Our emails are often used to find and reach nano-influencers at scale. In fact, our lists are rich with influencer insight data—you can do your personalized cold email outreach at scale.
One example of how we find targeted nano-influencers is by analyzing keywords & links in bio. This way, we can narrow down their interests and niche, as well as find out whether they monetize from their content or not. On top of that, we apply filters like:
- Social Media Engagement;
- Instagram Category (every contact is grouped in 1 of 1500 categories);
- And 20 other data points.
The free database included in this article is a sample of what we can provide for your brand. So, make sure to download the complete list.
Feel free to schedule a short call with our team & we’ll discuss your use case, how we can find the nano-influencers you target, and how you can use our emails to make your campaign a success.
Now, back to business.
Let’s overview some of the ways you can manually find nano-influencers on Instagram.
Find nano-influencers among your customers & subscribers
One of the best and easiest ways to find nano influencers is to look into your existing contacts of customers and subscribers.
Most brands don’t even consider this approach, even though it’s quite simple and tends to be extremely effective.
The people on these lists have either already purchased your products/service or are familiar with it. So, they are more likely to accept collaborating with your brand. Furthermore, these influencers tend to settle on free products as compensation (which is what most brands like to achieve with influencers).
To sum up, this means you’ll cut the time of finding, reaching out, and settling on a deal with a nano-influencer in half, all while saving many unnecessary costs.
However, finding these people manually is not an easy job.
Luckily, Influencers.club can easily find nano-influencers on Instagram from a list of your subscribers or customers.
Once you upload your list of contacts, our tool instantly checks millions of people and matches your audience with their Instagram profile.
In a matter of minutes, you’ll get a list of nano-influencers (as well as larger influencers, if there are any). Additionally, your customer list will be enriched with the data points we mentioned earlier, for example, Instagram username, number of followers, location, Instagram bio, Instagram category, etc.
If you need assistance with the whole process, feel free to contact our customer success team.
Use Instagram hashtags
Even though it takes more time and effort, using hashtags on social media platforms tends to be a great way to find nano-influencers.
Here’s a 3-step process that will help you find the right influencers:
- Check popular hashtags among your target audience. You can do this is by searching keywords relevant to your niche and checking out if they have a high density. For example, if you’re a swimwear brand, you can check out the hashtag ‘summertimefun’ & see that there are about 850K posts. You can do this with any relevant keyword. Moreover, you can make a list of the most popular profiles in your niches and research the hashtags they’re using. From here, you can get to other profiles with fewer followers (Remember, nano-influencers don’t have more than 10,000 followers).
- Visit each of the hashtags. When you visit a hashtag, you can see all posts and profiles that have used that specific hashtag. Check the profiles you like, especially those that seem to be the right fit for your brand, and copy them into a spreadsheet.
- Start your outreach by sending out DM’s. You can get our outreach templates that we’ve used for some of our biggest clients and send them out using one of these tools.
Find nano-influencers from any social media account
Another place where brands don’t tend to look for influencers is their own social media account or other profiles similar to theirs.
This is a perfect strategy, especially for finding nano-influencers. Once you do your research, you’ll be surprised how many influential people, with the right following count, you can find among your followers’ list.
You can do this manually by first using this extension, but you should keep in mind that according to IG Follower Export, there is a certain risk that the account can be deactivated or blocked by IG when using the extension.
What’s more, after you have the list, the more challenging part is to underline which ones are or have the potential to be nano-influencers.
So, if you want to get things moving faster, there’s a more safe and more effective way to get emails from Instagram followers.
Influencers.club is the only data provider that can:
- Thoroughly analyze any profile’s followers list;
- Clear it out from fake profiles or bots;
- Compare it to our own database of 52M influencers;
- Deliver you the verified, ready-to-use list of nano-influencers.
How to Find Nano-Influencers on TikTok for Free
The best way to find nano-influencers on TikTok is through hashtags. They help you filter down the types of influencers you’re searching for. What’s more, most posts on TikTok have hashtags, making it a highly effective search tool.
If your brand operates within a specific niche, you’ll be able to find TikTok nano-influencers that have used industry-relevant hashtags in their posts. Just type in the relevant keyword, and the platform will even suggest accounts for you.
Email is the best way to contact TikTok nano-influencers at scale. Read this article to find out how you can find email addresses on TikTok.
If you already know how to find them, we also have an article on how to hire TikTok influencers.
How to Find Nano-Influencers on YouTube for Free
One simple way to find creators on this platform is to log into your Youtube account and click on the “Trending” tab on the left of the screen.
Refine your search by entering keywords that are related to your business or niche into the search bar. The influencers who pop up are trending and can reach a wide audience in your niche.
We’ve covered how to find YouTube influencers in another article, so make sure to check that out as well.
How to Find Nano-Influencers on Twitter for Free
Tweetdeck is a tool you can use to find nano-influencers on Twitter for free.
- Sign in with your Twitter profile
- Use Tweetdeck’s search bar and enter your targeted hashtags
- Then under settings, click on Engagement
- Filter out people with less than 50 retweets
- Cherry-pick the nano-influencers you like to contact
What’s more, Tweetdeck is a completely free tool for this social media platform!
How to Hire a Nano-Influencer
If this is your first nano-influencer marketing campaign, you should prepare for what comes after finding the right nano-influencers.
- Define the influencer marketing budget – nano-influencers usually charge anywhere between $25–$200 per post. The best part about working with nano-influencers is that you can pay them by giving them freebies from your brand or other brand-related privileges. So, you’ll be saving a lot of costs!
- Determine the nature of the contract – Communicate your expectations with the influencers. Have precise requirements, detail the compensation, and the day of the payout. Make sure to talk everything out, because most nano-influencers have little experience.
- Document a contract – make sure there’s a written and signed contract you can refer to anytime during the campaign’s duration. Not only is this smart, but it protects both of you from any liabilities.
To Wrap Up
Finding nano-influencers might not always be the easiest task; however, the outcomes of working with this influencer group are immense.
Nano-influencer campaigns are usually done at scale (using multiple creators). According to our previous experience, to hire 6 creators, you need to reach out to 50 nano-influencers.
Maybe they won’t see your message, or don’t see your brand as fit, or won’t like your products or services, or won’t accept your compensation offer.
For whatever reason, the road from message to hire is long.
To cut down the process in half, get in touch with our team and order thousands of emails that you can immediately contact and focus on replying to the best nano-influencers.
P.S.If none of the above-mentioned tips works for you, then give it one last try by going through this list of 150 nano-influencers (and their email addresses) in 15 different industries.